Russia Today launches on mio TV
Delivered by GlobeCast, the channel will be offered free to all mio TV subscribers
Singapore, 30 November 2009 – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (Singtel) has announced that it will be launching a new channel on 1 December called Russia Today. Brought to Singtel mio TV by GlobeCast (www.globecast.com), a global content management and delivery company, the 24/7 English-language channel covers news, world affairs and human-interest stories from a fresh perspective, featuring special interviews, documentaries and current affairs programmes based on the many facets of contemporary Russia.
Russia Today's main focus is news, which is shown at the top of every hour followed by 30 minute reports on Russia and the rest of the world.
The channel will be offered free to all mio TV subscribers.
“We are pleased to welcome Russia Today onto mio TV,” said Mr Tim Carmichael, Vice President of mio TV, Singtel. “This further enhances our already diverse range of channels from around the globe, and will help us reach out to an even wider audience.”
With correspondents around the world, Russia Today has received many journalism awards including the Silver World Medal for Best News Documentary from New York Festivals, Special Jury Award in the Best Creative Feature category at Media Excellence Awards in London and Russia's most prestigious broadcasting award TEFI in Best News Anchor category.
Programming on Russia Today covers five main categories:
- News & Headlines – Gives viewers round the clock, 24/7 breaking news, interviews with newsmakers and analysis.
- Entertainment & Arts – Covers the main events in Russian culture and art, news from the film industry, information on current exhibitions, festivals and contests.
- Documentary - Informative documentaries about Russia, exploring original traditions, historical and cultural heritage, as well as unique images of the country.
- Technology Update – This is a monthly programme covering innovative developments, the latest and most up-to-date technologies and scientific breakthroughs in Russia.
- Sports - Tennis, boxing, football, basketball, figure skating, skiing. Topical Russian sports news, events & competitions.
About mio TV
mio TV is the innovative digital pay TV service offering from Singtel. Launched in July 2007, the service offers customers value and full flexibility to watch what they want, when they want. Within two years, mio TV has signed up over 100,000 customers.
Currently, mio TV offers a total of 59 channels, of which 23 are on-demand channels. Content on mio TV covers a wide range of genres as well as Singapore’s largest range of video-on-demand titles and High Definition content.
Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group providing a portfolio of services including voice and data services over fixed, wireless, pay TV and Internet platforms.
Together with its regional partners, it serves over 273 million mobile customers in eight markets. For more information, visit www.singtel.com/miotv.