Singtel kicks off sales for 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
- Free to Gold Pack and mio Stadium+ customers recontracting or signing up from today
- Discounted one-time price of S$88 to commemorate the start of World Cup sales
- Singtel urges early ordering to ensure installation in time
Singapore, 4 April, 2014 – Singapore Telecommunications Limited (Singtel) has kicked off sales for the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM, offering fans the chance to secure their seats now for every match. From today customers who sign up for or extend their Gold Pack or mio Stadium+ contracts (on either pay TV platform) for 24 months will enjoy all the action for free. A discounted one-time price of S$88 ($94.16 including GST) will enable fans on either pay TV platform to watch all games without committing to a contract. The S$17 discount will be available until 17 April, after which the regular price of $105 ($112.35 including GST) will apply.
Mr Allen Lew, Country Chief Officer, Singapore said, “The World Cup is one of the biggest sporting tournaments, and we are delighted to be able to bring every single match to Singapore. Our discounted one-time price of S$88 is our way of commemorating the start of our sales with fans, just as we are thanking our loyal football customers for their support by offering the World Cup at no additional charge. We want to make sure that everyone is ready to watch once the opening match kicks off, so we encourage customers to order early to ensure timely installation.”
Singtel mio TV currently delivers unrivalled football coverage to Singapore fans, including major competitions such as the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Serie A, FA Cup, Ligue 1, La Liga and the Capital One Cup.
Thanking loyal football customers for their support
All existing BPL customers will soon receive letters with more details about the World Cup. All customers - including Singtel mio TV customers on existing contracts - who sign up for Gold Packs or mio Stadium+ Packs (on 24-month contracts) from today will automatically receive the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM channels for free.
These offers and prices are applicable to residential customers. Packages for business owners will be announced shortly. For more information, visit www.miotv.com.sg/FIFAWorldCup
An enhanced World Cup experience with Singtel mio TV
Singtel mio TV’s 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM offering will deliver an unmatched experience, by marrying comprehensive coverage and a range of innovation to give fans truly unique perspectives on this much-anticipated tournament.
- Singtel mio TV counts down to the world’s biggest single sports event with a comprehensive preview of all eight groups. Fans get the inside track on all 32 teams.
- For the first time, Singtel mio TV brings the Singapore viewer a full studio presentation around all 64 matches. Fans will be involved, their voices will be heard, their thoughts will be shared.
- With many matches being played in the wee hours of the morning, Singtel mio TV will present a comprehensive review of the previous day’s action the next morning, with the show being rebroadcast throughout the day. This will help fans get up to speed the moment they get out of bed - and not miss a single samba beat.
- The award-winning mobile app, mio TV GO, gives fans added advantage as they will enjoy the convenience of watching the World Cup anytime and anywhere on their mobile devices. This will be especially useful given the time difference between Singapore and Brazil;-Replay of key match moments: Singapore World Cup fans will never miss key moments, including yellow card or red card incidents and goals scored, as Singtel mio TV GO allows them to replay goal moments.
- Multi-camera views on mobile: For the first time in Singapore, fans will be able to view complete coverage of all World Cup ‘live’ matches from multiple angles at the same time. Multi-camera views will show all the real-time action involving the coaching staff, stadium spectators and intimate goal-mouth action.
- Comprehensive match statistics: Besides catching the action at their convenience on mio TV GO, fans can also access comprehensive match and player statistics as well as news and video highlights.
- Shoutcast: An online message board will allow viewers to broadcast their thoughts to other fans on mio TV GO, transforming the TV viewing experience beyond just watching the match ‘live’ to a social event with friends and fellow fans.