Singtel launches intelligent quartet of lifestyle mobile services
Achieve work-life balance with GreenFinder, Viigo, WayFinder and WorldMate Live
Singapore, 12 September 2008 -- Singapore Telecommunications Limited (Singtel) today announced the launch of four new value-added services: GreenFinder, Viigo, WayFinder and WorldMate Live.
This new quartet of service applications helps customers to achieve work-life balance through its user-friendly features. The four services are:
- GreenFinder: Customers will be able to stay ahead in their golf game with the Global Positioning System (GPS) technology, which displays distances to the front, centre and back of greens, based on real-time information. Customers can mark their own course and track where each shot is taken.
- Viigo: Customers will experience a revolutionary way to receive breaking news, weather, real-time sports scores, market updates, entertainment, restaurant and hotel reviews, flight schedules, blogs and more, all instantly available and one click away.
- WayFinder: Customers can use this comprehensive navigation application to guide them in South East Asia using 3D maps and detailed turn-by-turn voice instructions. Information on traffic and surrounding places of interest can also be easily accessed.
- WorldMate Live: Customers enjoy the convenience of a ‘personal mobile travel advisor’ that automatically delivers travel and trips resources, such as maps, hotel bookings and real-time notifications on flight schedules and gates. Customers can also plan and view their travel itineraries from their mobile devices.
Mr Quek Peck Leng, Chief Executive Officer of Singtel Mobile and Singtel’s Executive Vice President of Consumer, said that the four value-added services are ideal for busy executives and frequent travellers. The services are also useful for commuters who need precise directions.
“We are pleased to be the first telco in Singapore to launch these four innovative services, offering greater convenience and value for our customers. They can now integrate their work schedules with pleasure and enhance their lifestyles with these useful, time-saving services,” he said.
Mr Quek added: “In today’s fast paced environment, customers are looking at services that can help them manage their hectic schedules so that they can be more productive. We understand their needs and as the leader in Singapore’s mobile market, we aim to deliver intelligent services that will support their lifestyles. This quartet of services helps our customers to balance their work and leisure activities with one simple touch on their mobile phones.”
The service charges* for each of the services are:
- GreenFinder: Canadian $30 per year (S$40.50).
- Viigo: The service is free with unlimited usage.
- WayFinder: S$11.00 per month (yearly subscription rates to be confirmed).
- WorldMate Live (Gold): US$6.97 per month (S$9.87) or US$69.97 per year (S$99.08). Subscription is free for standard version.
(See Annex A for a detailed illustration and sign up details for the four services.)
The four service applications will be available from 13 September. The four service applications will be available on all GPS-enabled handsets.
For a full list of compatible phones and more information on the service applications, please click onhttp://www.ideas.singtel.com/lifestyle_vas.
Special launch promotion
All four services are available for free trial. As part of the launch promotion, new and existing* Singtel BlackBerry customers who sign up for the BlackBerry Internet Service will enjoy a S$100 discount.
* These charges are subject to currency rate fluctuations. Data charges will be deducted from the customer’s bundled BlackBerry Internet Service data plan.