Singtel’s Trustwave localises cloud-based cybersecurity platform for Singapore enterprises
Platform simplifies provisioning and management of advanced security resources across diverse environments and data sovereignty requirements
Singapore, 1 October, 2019 –Trustwave, the cybersecurity arm of Singtel, today launched the Trustwave Fusion platform, the company’s new cloud native platform that serves as the cornerstone for its products, managed security services and other cybersecurity offerings, in Singapore. The platform provides powerful cybersecurity capabilities to address a constantly evolving threat landscape while running completely in-country, adhering to Singapore data sovereignty laws and regulations.
The Trustwave Fusion platform connects Singapore enterprises and government institutions to a security cloud composed of the Trustwave data lake, advanced analytics, actionable threat intelligence and a deep portfolio of products and security services. In addition, the platform provides a direct channel to Trustwave SpiderLabs, the company’s renowned team of security practitioners.
Once connected, the platform unifies Trustwave technologies, services and security expertise onto a single application accessed and controlled by any device including desktop, tablet or mobile phone. Organisations gain the ability to soundly manage the intricacies of complex security programmes -- from asset discovery to threat detection and eradication to how resources are provisioned and scaled using simple point and click navigation.
Key benefits for Singapore organisations include:
· Support for data sovereignty laws and regulations -- The Trustwave Fusion platform runs completely in-country to address data sovereignty laws including the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). Built on Amazon Web Services LocalStack, the platform applies 24x7x365 monitoring and threat intelligence derived from the global network of Trustwave Security Operation Centers and the Trustwave SpiderLabs Fusion Center, a state-of-the-art command center, while customer data remains within Singapore’s borders. The local instance delivers the full capabilities and offerings of Trustwave to any region no matter how laws dictate handling of data.
· Complete visibility and centralised control -- The Trustwave Fusion platform offers a single view of threats, technology management, vulnerabilities and perceived risks across an organisation’s entire environment. A single dashboard serves to track security events, respond to alerts and manage a range of advanced services including threat detection and response, penetration testing, vulnerability testing and scanning, security technology management and more. Built using Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) layers -- the platform incorporates advanced analytics, machine learning and automation to improve incident accuracy, response time and actions.
· On-demand access to elite security expertise -- Organisations gain on-demand access to Trustwave SpiderLabs and its deep bench of some of the world’s leading threat hunters, ethical hackers and other highly skilled security practitioners. This team monitors for, detects and eliminates threats, leads penetration tests and red teaming engagements to discover and remediate risks to environments and can co-manage or fully manage security technologies as needed.
· Hybrid security operations -- Through application programming interfaces (APIs) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based service management, the Trustwave Fusion platform delivers the capability to connect operating environments to leverage corporate and government service management natively tearing down walls between Trustwave Managed Security Services, security testing services and a customer’s security operation centre, resulting in an integrated and seamless operation.
· Support for third-party data and products -- Using APIs, the Trustwave Fusion platform integrates data lakes, technology actions and threat intelligence stemming from third-party sources into a customer’s environment to further strengthen cybersecurity posture. Leveraging big data, threat intelligence and vendor technologies from preferred sources gives Singapore businesses more control to fine tune and customise security programmes as needs or requirements change.
“Enterprises today are challenged not only by skilled adversaries adept at capitalising on the smallest vulnerability or gap in defenses, they are also contending with stricter regulations on how customer data is handled and stored,” said Mr Toh Lee Chiang, General Manager Asia Pacific and Japan at Singtel’s Trustwave. “These restrictions can have adverse effects by limiting technologies and techniques used to protect data and actions that can be taken should a breach occur. By offering the Trustwave Fusion platform through a local instance, organisations are ensured access to leading-edge security resources regardless of regulatory pressures.”
Trustwave has been recognised by several leading analysts as a market leader in managed security services. Ms Cathy Huang, Associate Research Director, Services and Security, IDC Asia Pacific stated, “The Trustwave Fusion platform is the latest example of how Trustwave continues to push cybersecurity innovation and make security intuitive, scalable and customer value-driven.”