SingNet's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
This AUP is intended to protect SingNet users and the Internet community from the inappropriate use of the Internet.
Use of SingNet service/s constitutes acceptance of this AUP. SingNet reserves the right to revise and update this AUP from time to time. The Customer is responsible for keeping itself informed of the current AUP in effect, including any revisions or updates, and for abiding by the terms of this AUP.
- SingNet services may only be used for lawful purposes, and Customer shall bear the burden of establishing that such use complies with all applicable laws. The Customer is responsible for all use of the account, with or without the knowledge or consent of the Customer.
- SingNet reserves the right, at its sole discretion, with or without notice, to remove or refuse to post material that violates this AUP or to suspend or terminate service provided to any Customer if the Customer or any end-user using Customer's services or facilities, directly or indirectly:
- Violates the rules, regulations and policies applicable to any network, server, computer database, web site or newsgroup that Customer or end-user accesses;
- Sends, or facilitates the sending of, unsolicited bulk mail messages ("email spam") to any person or system in a way that could be expected to adversely impact SingNet's network or facilities; or sends mail-bombs (masses of email or other data) to any person or system, propagates or replies to mail-bombs, or uses a SingNet website address or hosted web account to collect responses from unsolicited commercial email;
- Posting messages to a USENET group where the posting is not appropriate as defined in the group's charter, or mass postings in unreasonable numbers of USENET groups, or where there is repeated requests by group USERS or administrator to cease such posting;
- Uses services in a manner which is intended to abuse or to violate the property rights of others, including, without limitation, activities which result in the distribution of viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses, cancelbots, or other destructive activities;
- Uses the services in a manner that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party or any rights of publicity or privacy; - Violates any law or regulation (including without limitation the laws and regulations governing criminal activity, export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- Publishes or communicates material that is obscene, defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; - Uses services to attempt to break security, or in fact, breaks security of any computer network, or to access an account without authorisation;
- Forges removes or modifies identifying network header information ("spoofing"), or employs any other methods in connection with the transmission of e-mail used to disguise or mislead any user name or the source or quantity of transmissions; except when using deliberately misleading headers in newsgroups to avoid spam e-mail address collectors;
- Use of IRC bots or storing them on SingNet's servers is prohibited. Impersonating other users by forging one's email address is prohibited. Flooding, cloning, spoofing, harassment, or otherwise hindering the ability of others to properly use IRC is prohibited;
- Relays email through any third-party systems without authority;
- System/s configured to permit third party mail or news relay;
- Uses services to conduct any other activities which SingNet determines are injurious to its Customers, operations, or reputation;
- Provides false information on a SingNet service application, contract or on-line application, including, but not limited to, the fraudulent credit card information;
- Attempts to or resells SingNet service without SingNet's express authorisation; or
- Uses bandwidth or disk space in excess of limits permitted in account descriptions.
- Customer must immediately notify SingNet of any unauthorised use of an account, and/or any breach, or attempted breach, of security known to Customer. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that its network and/or Computer/s is/are configured in a secure manner. Customers may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use its network for illegal or inappropriate activities. SingNet takes no responsibility for the security of the communications transmitted over SingNet facilities.
- SingNet does not, and does not hereby assume any responsibility to, review or edit materials which Customers or its end-users publish or post on SingNet's facilities or the Internet, and is not responsible for such content, posting or activity. SingNet is not responsible for the content of any other websites linked to SingNet's or Customer's services.
- SingNet co-operates fully with Singapore law and legal processes. SingNet respects Customer privacy rights and will not intentionally disclose Customer's online communications or activities except to comply with court orders, subpoenas, statutes, regulations, or official governmental requests; in order to protect SingNet or its Customers from harm; or where necessary for the operation of the system. SingNet may occasionally and randomly monitor online communications only for mechanical or quality control checks.
- SingNet may, in its sole discretion, remove or disable Customer materials or terminate services to Customer with or without notice to Customer, if Customer's materials, postings or links allegedly infringe trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties. SingNet is not responsible for determining if the allegations of infringement are valid. In addition, SingNet may terminate services to Customer, if Customer violates this provision.
- SingNet, in its sole discretion, will determine on a case-by-case basis what action will be taken in response to a violation of this AUP. SingNet reserves the right to investigate suspected or alleged violations of this AUP, including gathering information from Customer, its end-user the complaining party, and examining of material on SingNet's servers. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit SingNet's actions or remedies in any manner. SingNet reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the SingNet service and levying cancellation charges to cover SingNet's costs in the event of termination for the causes outlined above. SingNet reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
- SingNet shall not be liable for any damages of any nature suffered by any Customer or any third party resulting in whole or in part from SingNet's exercise of its rights under theses policies. By using SingNet services, Customer agrees to waive and hold harmless SingNet from any claims relating to any action taken by SingNet including conducting an investigation, issuing a warning, refusing to post material, removing material, or suspending or terminating services, or other appropriate action. This waiver applies to all violations described in this AUP.
- Violations of this policy may be reported to the SingNet Network Security Team via the
- SingNet reserves the right to amend, alter, or modify this AUP at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Any amendment or modification is effective when posted and any use of the SingNet services after the posting of a modification or amendment will be considered acceptance of those modifications.
- The customer shall be solely responsible for ensuring that their client software is suitable for their needs and it is compatibility for use with any equipment used by him or it, whether or not SingNet introduces any changes to the service.